Sunday, October 19, 2008

I heart me!

I'm going to use this post for a little self-love (that sounds a bit dirty, huh?) ;P I may not be svelte or physically fit, but I think I'm quite pretty. And I AM working on the whole physical fitness thing right now. But since I don't really expect people to read this blog, I may as well toot my own horn a little bit. After all, I admitted I'm fat--I should also admit I'm pretty and a wonderful person. :)

I've had complete strangers come up to me and tell me I look like Drew Barrymore, and I don't mind one bit. I think Drew is gorgeous, and although I know I couldn't pass for her twin, to at least remind people of her makes me feel like my looks are not wanting. :) I like to imagine that some day I'll be "discovered" by some Hollywood hotshot and get to play Drew's sister in a movie. Note the word -imagine- there... I live in Virginia and won't be jetsetting over to Hollywoodland any time in the forseeable future, but, ya know, a girl can dream.

What else is great about me? Well, I enjoy singing and have been told I have a pretty voice. When I used to sing solos in church sometimes old ladies would come up to me after the service and say I made them cry... in a good way! Right now I'm singing in the praise band at my church, and I'm having a blast with it.

I'm also good at drawing, although I don't really make time for it anymore. I'm good at writing, and would like to be a -published- children's/ young adult's author someday. What else... I'm a pretty good cook, but an even better baker. I never follow cookie recipes to the letter, and my cookies always turn out delish. (I get the cookie genes from my mama!)

Well, I'm pretty great. I just need to remember to come back and re-read this on days when I'm feeling down on myself. My weight does not determine my worth as a person.

2 comments:

WeightingGame said...

you DO look like Drew! What a fab compliment - she's a beauty :-) People tell e I look like Ann Coulter and I'm, like, GREAT.

Rachel.Rebecca.Miller said...

I heart you too! You're totally beautiful, so much smarter than I'll ever be, an awesome cook, a sweet gal and completely fabulous. (Plus my friends all think you look like Drew too!)
You completely rock my world! I be lovin' you muchos! ~Big Sis