Saturday, November 1, 2008

1000 Calories?! Yeehaw!

So, yesterday was Halloween. Yes, I am a candy glutton. (As I type this I'm actually eating some Smarties. Yum). I bought a huge bag of Smarties and a bag of assorted mini chocolate bars to hand out, not knowing how many trick-or-treaters we'd get. We moved into our apartment complex a week or so after Halloween last year, so I wasn't sure if there was a lot of trick-or-treating to be had. I had gone to the gym (more about that later) and was cleaning up... I had just gotten my shower and was butt-naked, getting ready to get dressed... and there was a knock on the door. Great. I can't answer the door in my bathrobe, right? That would be a bit creepy. So I dashed to throw on some jeans and a sweater that zips up, and I threw my soggy hair into a messy bun. I heard the family leaving our building... Nooooo! I actually opened the door and stuck my head out and called out to the mom: "Hey, did you guys just knock? I was in the bathroom... I have stuff!" Glory. Way to be awkward. Anyway, the parents brought their three kids up to my door and they got their candy. Yay. Those were the only trick-or-treaters that I got. Well, to be fair, there might have been more, but I got a call from my cousin-in-law Heather, wanting me to come over and hang out with her and her four-month-old, Zachary, and her mom and Mum-mum (grandma). So I finished cleaning up and skeedadled on over there. I brought my candy with me (after dumping half the bag of Smarties on the coffee table so I'd have some for myself... I love my Smarties!) in case they ran out of candy, since they live in a nice neighborhood. A few streets over (where the big, rich people houses are) there were tons of trick-or-treaters.... While I was at Mum-mum's house, though, I think there was only one or two that came by. And I was there from about 7:15 until after 9:30. Go figure. It was fun anyway. I got to see Zachary in his costume--a skeleton onesie. :) Awwww. I did eat too much candy and half a meatball sub while I was there, but I'm trying to justify it because of my earlier trip to the gym. Let's go there now.

My weight has been somewhat stagnant around 218 for a week or so now. I'm not complaining, since I've lost ten or so pounds since I started trying to lose back in September... but still, I need to try harder. I want to actually LOOK like I've lost weight. I don't know if it is my frame or what, but for some reason I have to lose twenty to thirty pounds before I go down a size. It frustrates me to no end, because I'm the type who wants to be able to SEE my results. If I lose ten more pounds and still don't look like I've lost anything, I'm going to be severely pissed. So, trying harder. I went to the gym yesterday (before my Halloween fun) and spent an hour and about fifteen minutes on the elliptical machine. Why so long? I had it in mind to burn 1000 calories. Now, I know that the calorie burn and possibly the heart-rate monitor on the ellipticals at the gym may not be the most accurate... But it still feels good to see such a high number. I went for an hour and burnt around 800, but then I had to stop and reset the time, because the ellipticals at the gym will only let you set them for sixty minutes at a time. I set it for twenty more minutes, because I wasn't sure how long it would take to burn the last 200 calories... it took around fifteen. I wasn't watching all too closely, because Extreme Makeover: Home Edition was on one of the t.v.s, and I heart that show. It is the one show that makes me truly forget how long I've been on the elliptical. I need to check the channel listings and schedule my workouts around that show. I'm not kidding! The one thing I hate, though, is the commercial breaks. When a commercial comes on, I again focus on the monitor on my elliptical instead of the telly. It is then when I tend to feel tired. :P But I did it. I burnt 1000 calories in one workout! Now, if only I could find the motivation to go the the gym every single DAY and burn that many calories. I bet my weight loss would be a lot quicker if I did that. So that was fun. Of course, I totally counter-acted all those calories burnt when I pigged out on Halloween candy. Oh well, at least I know I can do it now, right?

2 comments:

Rachel.Rebecca.Miller said...

WOW! That's awesome!! If I even LOOK at food I take in 1000 calories and, unless typing counts, I probably do nothing to burn them off. Looking forward to a HUGE amt of calories on Thanksgiving!! Love you!! :)

Just_Kelly said...

I've moved! I've made the transition to Choosinglosing.wordpress.com!

Hope you join me and add the new RSS to your reader!


Just_Kelly